Asia Pacific Food Banks – Product Sourcing Workshop
This is a peer group session for the GFN Network food banks in Asia Pacific. Securing a consistent supply of donated product is an essential function of any food bank. It is also a competitive landscape with many other charities asking for donations. During this workshop, participants will discuss what messaging resonates with companies and influences them to donate their surplus product to food banks.
Participants will also hear the company perspective from Patricia Dwyer, a consultant who advises numerous companies in Asia on CSR strategies. Patricia will explain what companies are looking for in a partner and what factors will make them consider donating products and conversely, what will prevent them from donating.
- Karen Hanner, Director, Food Sourcing and Strategic Partnerships, The Global FoodBanking Network, USA.
- Patricia Dwyer, Founder and Director, The Purpose Business, Hong Kong.
This session is tailored for GFN Network food banks in Asia Pacific.
This session will be recorded for subsequent training events.
Thursday 19th November
- 19:00 – 20:30 UTC -5 (7:00 p.m. Chicago on Wednesday 18 November evening)
- 08:00 – 9:30 UTC +7 (8:00 a.m. Bangkok, Jakarta)
- 09:00 – 10:30 UTC +8 (9:00 a.m. Hong Kong, Manilla, Singapore, Taipei)
- 12:00 – 13:30 UTC +11 (12:00 p.m. Sydney)
- 14:00 – 15:30 UTC +13 (2:00 p.m. Christchurch)