Partner Update: Supporting Hunger Relief Amid COVID-19
GFN Network Insiders Series – Kick-Off Event
Since early March 2020, The Global FoodBanking Network (GFN) and our network of food banks have mounted a significant response to the greatest crisis the world has faced in a generation. Food banks across GFN’s network have had to adapt their models for food collection and distribution as demand continues to surge.
The poverty and hunger crises created by COVID-19 are just beginning. Recently, the International Monetary Fund projected the global economy would contract by 4.7% this year. More than a billion workers are still not able to earn a living wage, and hundreds of millions of children are still missing meals at school.
GFN and our food banks are on the front lines — and we’re kicking off the GFN Network Insiders series with a special conversation with three food bank leaders from around the world, plus Sachin Gupta, PIMCO’s Head of Portfolio Management and GFN board member.
Following brief presentations by the featured speakers, there will be ample time for questions and answers from the audience.
This session will be available in English and Spanish.
Attendance to this session is by invitation only
- Lisa Moon, President & CEO, The Global FoodBanking Network, USA
- Sachin Gupta, Head of Portfolio Management Desk, PIMCO, USA
- María Teresa García Plata, Dirección General (General Manager), Bancos De Alimentos de México, Mexico
- Elijah Amoo Addo, Founder and Executive Director, Food For All Africa, Ghana
- Ankit Kawatra, Founder and Director, Zomato Feeding India, India
Thursday 27 August
- 08:30 – 10:00 UTC -5 (Chicago 8:30 am)
- 14:30 – 16:00 UTC +1 (London 2:30 pm)
- 21:30 – 23:00 UTC +8 (Hong Kong 9:30 pm)
Download the Impact Report