Food Banks, the UN Food Systems Summit, and the Future of Food:
A Conversation between Dr. Agnes Kalibata and Catherine Bertini
The first-ever UN Food Systems Summit will take place this September. This Summit will gather everyone across the food system – from farmers to food producers, policymakers to private sector players – to discuss, debate, and dream together about how we build equitable, inclusive, resilient food systems.
Ahead of the Summit, please join The Global FoodBanking Network for a special conversation between the UN’s Special Envoy to the Food Systems Summit, Dr. Agnes Kalibata, and UN Food Systems Summit Champion, Catherine Bertini. They will discuss why this is a unique moment to rethink our food systems and how this process can only be successful if it includes the voices of all people.
Please register to join us on 13 May to learn more about this important moment in shaping global food systems.
Thursday 13 May
- 07:00 – 7:45 UTC -5 (Chicago 7:00 am)
- 13:00 – 13:45 UTC +1 (London 1:00 pm)
- 20:00 – 20:45 UTC + 8 (Hong Kong 8:00 pm)
- Lisa Moon, President and CEO, The Global FoodBanking Network
- Dr. Agnes Kalibata, UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy to the 2021 Food Systems Summit; President, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
- Catherine Bertini, Champion, UN Food Systems Summit; Distinguished Fellow, Global Food and Agriculture, The Chicago Council on Global Affairs, USA
Following the conversation between Dr. Agnes Kalibata and Catherine Bertini, there will be time for questions from the audience.
This session will be available in English and Spanish.
This session will be on the record and a video recording will be available for viewing following the event.