Africa Food Banks – Good Governance
What is good governance? This session will focus on the key principles and best practices in governing your food bank. This will include a description of the typical legal responsibilities of a Board as well as the roles, responsibilities, and expectations of a Board. The session will also present the differences between governing and operating the organization and the distinction between strategic directions and the day-to-day activities. In addition, the session will present some discussion of how to create an effective Board and provide appropriate orientation and training of Board members.
Wednesday 17 March
- 9:00 – 11:00 UTC -5 (Chicago 9:00 am)
- 14:00 – 16:00 UTC +0 (Accra 2:00 pm)
- 15:00 – 17:00 UTC +1 (Lagos 3:00 pm)
- 16:00 – 18:00 UTC +2 (Cape Town, Gaborone 4:00 pm)
- 17:00 – 19:00 UTC +3 (Addis Ababa, Nairobi, Antananarivo 5:00 pm)
- Wayne Hellquist, Founder and President, Future Quest Consulting, Canada.
This session is aimed at GFN Network food banks in Africa.
This session will be recorded for subsequent training events.