Good Governance for Non-Profit Organizations in Latin America
Nonprofit organizations are a key player in economic and social development, especially in emerging countries where poverty and the concentration of wealth are more extreme. However, social entrepreneurs not only face challenges in terms of obtaining financial and non-financial resources, but they also need to design appropriate governance and management models to guarantee the sustainability of their organizations.
In this session, experts in organizational governance will discuss issues related to boards of directors, managerial succession, human talent, and organizational structure to help guide non-profit leaders. The conversation will seek to encourage the implementation of a good organizational governance model that allows the growth, management and consolidation of non-profit organizations vital to the economic and social development of the region.
Wednesday 9 December
- 09:00 – 10:30 UTC -6 (Chicago, Mexico City 9:00 am)
- 10:00 – 11:30 UTC -5 (Bogota 10:00 am)
- 12:00 – 13:30 UTC -3 (Buenos Aires, Santiago 12:00 pm)
- Ana Catalina Suárez Peña, Latin America Regional Director, GFN, Colombia
- María Andrea Trujillo Dávila & Alexander Guzmán Vásquez, Co-directors, Center for Studies in Corporate Governance, CESA (College of Further Studies in Administration), Colombia
- Claudia Drago, Deputy General Manager, Mitsui Auto Finance Peru S.A., Peru
- Magdalena Rego, Corporate Governance Officer for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), IFC, Chile
- Santiago Chaher, Santiago Chaher, Managing Director, Cefeidas Group; co-Director of the Corporate Governance Program of the Law Department of the University of San Andrés, Argentina
- Dra. Alda Roxana Cárdenas, Professor, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
This workshop is primarily tailored for food bank leaders in Latin America, but is open to anyone.
This workshop will be conducted in Spanish with translation into English available.
This session will be on the record and a video recording will be available for viewing following the event.