Women Food System Leaders: Vital Frontline Responders in the Fight for Zero Hunger
Women and girls are disproportionately impacted by food insecurity â€“ a problem that has been magnified by COVID-19 â€“ however, they also play a critical role in responding to the hunger pandemic that is shadowing COVID-19.
To celebrate International Womenâ€™s Day, The Global FoodBanking Network is shining a spotlight on women food systems leaders. Please join us for a conversation that will explore questions including:
- How have these leaders ensured that food security is central to pandemic response, recovery, and rebuilding efforts?
- What role do female food systems leaders play in creating more gender-equal food systems?
- And how can we chart a path forward for a global food system that empowers women leaders and responds to the needs of all people?
Thursday 11 March
- 10:00 â€“ 11:00 UTC -6 (Chicago 10:00 am)
- 16:00 â€“ 17:00 UTC +0 (London 4:00 pm)
- 00:00 â€“ 01:00 UTC + 8 (Hong Kong 12:00 am)
- Teresa Welsh, Senior Reporter, Devex
- Dr. Melissa D. Ho, Senior Vice President, Freshwater & Food, World Wildlife Fund-USA
- Ana Isabel MÃ©ndez, Executive Director, Banco de Alimentos Panama
- Lisa Moon, President & CEO, The Global FoodBanking Network
- Dr. Jemimah Njuki, Director for Africa, International Food Policy Research Institute